Monday, April 9, 2012

Guys- or Lack Thereof



Q: All of my friends at school have had, like, at least 5 boyfriemds, but haven't even had ONE. I'm just too shy! How can I get a boyfriend already?

A: I know how you feel, except I chose not to have a boyfriend. Sure, the guy you like is so hot in his new haircut, but is it likely that a middle school relationship will last? No. Your friends probably have made careless decisions about who they should date, and changed their minds over and over again. No steady relationship is as wobbly as those! Think about it this way: your friends have had their heart broken at least 5 times, while you're being cautious about who you date. There really is no need to rush. But if your crush does ask you out, go ahead and ask yourself if he's a likeable guy, if he makes smart choices, and if he'll be there for you. But untl then, enjoy your childhood, because no boy should be able to take that from you :)

Tips and Warnings~
Don't say "yes" to the King of Flirt of the school just because you want a boyfriend. The dude you date should be someone you already know and trust.

Just an LOL- On TV I saw this lady who had a blind wedding- she hadn't even met the guy and married him,  much like a blind date but without the dating first. Failure :D

8 comments:

  1. Hi I was wondering if you could write a post for me: I am going to a new school next year, and I want to meet some people who already go there over the summer, so I can get a good start with friends. How can I meet them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! This happened to me last year! :) Sure I can write a post for you- expect to see it by Wednesday. You're lucky you're getting a headstart on things, i only had a month to meet new people, and a whole state away from my hometown made it worse. Ok , well i've already got some ideas for you, so check back on wednesday for your advice :)
      For future reference, the Emma's Advice "helpline" is emmas-advice@writeme.com

      Emma

      Delete
  2. I found your blog via the blog hop event and I am stopping by to say hello! please check out my blog as well and follow if you enjoy my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just randomly adding to this advice.

    After dating just one guy, I wasn't shy around boys anymore. I had 2 more boyfriends. Don't feel bad for dating a guy just to try something new. and don't feel bad about dating a girl either! (; Bottom line is, try new things and have your own best interests in mind no matter how selfish that sounds. Personally the best way to get a boyfriend, is to be involved in extra-cirriculars and make a lot of new friends. AND DONT BE SHY (:

    Also. If the "King of Flirt" does ask you out: I would say go for it! Be cautious though...yes you might get heartbrake. But I think it would be a learning experience and you would learn lessons that would benefit you in your future.

    Just throwing in my input...for another outlook. But I think Emma's advice was really good (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you for your input, its always nice to hear advice from a different outlook. And of COURSE its okay to date a girl, I definitely respect all walks of sexuality. Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. I never dated in high school, i flirted a lot, and hung out with a lot of friends but i was just not into the idea of being tied down to one guy at that age. i didnt even have a first kiss till after high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like what I'll probably do in high school- the idea of being tied to guy sorta seems unsettling i guess

      Delete
  5. It's not the end of the world if you don't have a boyfriend at this age. Most likely you're not going to marry this guy and there's other things you could spend more time on. There's plenty of people in the world that have not dated yet and they're perfectly happy!

    Found your blog through bloghop! Please check out my blog!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what you feel in this box:
Also~ I'm more likely to follow your blog if you follow mine, so be sure to include your blog URL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...